Friday, February 12, 2010

Icing on the cake


Dear Rowan,
As you can see, we woke up to a beautiful winter scene, a very odd thing for this area. This is our house covered in snow. I'm sure I looked funny out there in my pink bath robe and my garden shoes. I told your dad the snow was the icing on my birthday cake.
Brody, our Pug, loved the snow. He is very different from Lola, our Pug who died last April. She hated everything about snow. It offended her to have to step out into cold, wet snow. But, Brody just runs around and around, making figure eights in the snow, only stopping every now and again for a snowy snack.

I bet you would love the snow, too. Your dad was like a kid in a candy store as we watched the snow fall last night. I think it made him a wee bit homesick for Massachusetts, something that has only happened a few times since we've been married and that has only been when he watches the Red Sox play the Yankees at Fenway Park.
But, as you know, I'm a North Carolina girl. I like the snow, but only if it melts away like it should and doesn't stick around long enough to cause any problems.
I can't wait for you to be here to go sledding, build snow men and eat snow cream. Those were some of my favorite things to do as a child when it snowed and I can't wait to share those things with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment