Friday, April 2, 2010

The fool

Well, ladies, it's official. I am the April fool. Or, maybe it's my husband? No I think it's me.
We started our estrogen shots last night and being that he's always given me my shots without incident, I didn't even bother to supervise. I just went about my business making dinner and when he said he had everything all ready, I plopped down on the couch and waited for the torture to begin. Lupron, that's nothing. But, this estrogen is an IM like the PIO, so I knew it wouldn't be very pleasant. Hubby mentions something about this needle looking different from the ones in the past, but this particular drug is a new one for us, so I didn't bother to look at the needle or ask any questions. "Just give me the blasted shot so I can get dinner out of the oven before it burns," I said.
So he did. Only when he pulled the needle out, it hurt like hell and he immediately said don't move and began wiping up a stream of blood that was flowing down my butt cheek.
Turns out, my husband injected me with a mixing needle that has a special little scalpel tip on it!!! "Ummm, honey, that doesn't look like a needle for injecting," I said after taking a closer look at the weapon that had sliced me open and made me bleed like a stuck pig. So, I went to the kitchen and found the other torture devices and read the label -- "ADMIX NEEDLE" it says in big pink letters, which lead me to believe it was a needle made for MIXING not injecting.
"Oh, I didn't see that," he said.
I wasn't angry. I really couldn't get too angry with him since I didn't oversee the process and I left it to him to figure out for himself.
That was just the perfect ending to a perfect day -- earlier in the evening, I pulled my car into the garage with the rear hatch still open and busted out the rear window, and before that I injured my big toe while gardening (don't ask) and I'm hobbling around like an old lady. So I certainly hope that today is better.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch, we've joked about how much that would hurt, but apparently you know! Sorry today was a bad day! Hope today is better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really sucks! Hope your weekend is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, sounds painful! I hope you're feeling better, and that your day got better. Why is it that only ONE thing can't go wrong in a day. When it rains, it pours!

    ReplyDelete